Sponsored by Superstar
Members Allowed : 2-5
Ever wondered how airplanes & drones would look racing? Join us at PROCOM’18 to see how fast can you take your propeller planes & drones. Witness a combination of electronics, mechanics, and hydraulics doing wonders in the air. You definitely wouldn’t want to miss this!
- 4 members and one mentor (Technical Advisor) is allowed per team
- The technical advisor will not be allowed to repair/reprogram or even touch the robot during the competition
- The technical advisor should not be involved in the programming section of the robot
- The technical advisor will not be present with the pilot during the flight
- The core programmer of the robot should be present in the team
- It is not mandatory that all the members of a group should be from the same institute
- Any team that is not ready or available at the time specified (Relaxations are possible, according to the situation) will be eliminated from the competition
- Participants shall not be allowed to be part of more than one team
- Replacement of the parts of robot will be allowed in case only if accident occurs
- Competition Head/EE Coordinator has the right to disqualify any team in any case.
- Judges will analyze performance. Results will be final and unobjectionable.
- Only registered and paid candidates will be allowed.
- No knock out conditions are placed on participation basis until and unless the team falls in
- READY MADE TOY/PROFESSIONAL ROBOTS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED
- Robots that cause deliberate interference with other robots or damage to the field will be disqualified
- Participants causing deliberate damage to arena or any other robot will be disqualified
- Misbehaving with any judge/student/participant/organizer can cause the whole team to leave the competition area and risk being disqualified from the contest
- Properly check for the complete firm connection of the robot before entering the competition
- The teams are solely responsible for all the materials they bring to the competition
- Judges, Procom team will not be responsible for the accidents/damage that occurs to the robot during the competition
- No claims for any participant’s material shall be entertained
- The flying of the robot will be from the specific Source to Destination.
- There are specific checkpoints where the teams will be given relaxation and the teams can make use of the checkpoints for changing the batteries, adjusting gains, calibration of sensors, etc.
- The teams can skip the stages in which they think it is not possible for them to complete.
- There will be enough time provided for the teams to charge the batteries at the completion of every stage. The requirement of time of charging the batteries during the conduct of competition will not be entertained.
- The complete robot should fix inside the box of dimension 625x625x625 (lxbxh).*All dimensions are in mm
- The dimension includes the Gimbal arrangement and the Landing skids (These features are optional). The relaxation will be provided as per the specifications found if any.
- There is no restriction in making use of the Quad frame material
- The ratings of the BLDC Motors, Electronic Speed Controllers, propellers, landing gears and batteries can be of any desired proposition
a) Effective Measures:
Points allotted for the following:
- An initial credit to all teams to make scores positive (+1200 points)
- Points for each round completion (excluding round#1) (A) (+200 points)
- Points for failing in completion of any round (excluding round#1) (B) (-100 points)
- Per minute penalty until the end of the round (C) (-100 points/minute to complete a round) *Time for every specific round will be allotted
- If the robot touch’s any hurdle during the flight (D) (-10/hurdle)
- Fully operational/working robot (z) (+1), else (0)
- Mission failure due to >2 obstacle collisions (x) (+1 for success), else (0 for failure)
b) Subjective Measures:
- Elegance of design and craftsmanship (E) (up to +150 points)
1.1 Component integration/Innovation (0 to +25)
1.2 Craftsmanship (0 to +25)
1.3 Durability/Robustness (0 to +100)
- Innovation in air vehicle design (F) (up to +90 points)
2.1 Primary propulsion mechanisms (0 to +30)
2.2 Attitude/heading adjustment schemes (0 to +30)
2.3 Navigation techniques (0 to +30)
- Safety of design to bystanders (G) (up to +160 points)
3.1 Isolation/shielding of propulsors (0 to +85)
3.2 Energy source stability/safety (0 to +25)
3.3 Crashworthiness (0 to +50)
- YouTube and Instagram Points (H) (up to +50 points)
4.1 Team may score maximum 50 Points (25+25) before 1 week of the event date.
- 25 points: Facebook likes (5 points for every 100 likes)
- 25 points: Instagram likes (5 points for every 100 likes)
- Record your video or take a picture of your team preparing for Procom’18 Air Rush Championship. The procedure to send us your video & photo is,
- For Video: Mail your video to email@example.com (with subject PROCOM).
- For Picture: WhatsApp your image to +923408583903
- After scrutiny, we will upload that video/picture on Procom’s Facebook Page or Instagram of Air Rush Competition and update you.
- Maximum 25 points will be awarded to teams based on a number of likes on your video/picture. 5 points will be given on each 100 likes.
- Final likes will be calculated before 7 days of the event.
- The teams will be rank-ordered by the judges based on the score. Scores for a given round will be totaled according to the following formula:
- SCORE = x (1200 + A + B + C + D + E + F + G + H + I) z
- The highest score accumulated by a given entry after all runs have been completed in the event will be considered that team’s current ranking for the Procom year 2018.
Round #1: (up to +400 Points)
- Robots will be evaluated on various stages of designing, construction, complexity. implementation of innovation, altitude, and flying (freestyle).
- Each and every part will be observed for judging, which includes the connection of various parts, fixing of components, materials used, how the stuff is implemented, etc.
- Participants must keep glowing things in mind:
- Isolation/shielding of propulsors.
- Energy source stability/safety.
- Primary propulsion mechanisms.
- Component integration/Innovation.
Round #2: (up to +200 Points)
- Takeoff and landing:
- The goal of the robot will be to take off from a specific location pass by a single hurdle and land on another specific location.
- The points will be given on the basis of time taken to complete the task, attempts (maximum of 2 attempts) in completing the tasks and the stability/balance of the robot while landing and taking off.
Round #3: (up to +200 Points)
- Drone maze (Semi-final) (Knockout Round):
- This stage meets the perfection in the stability of the robot.
- During this stage, the robot has to travel through the gaps in the various hurdles available on the set.
- This is a time-sensitive round and a max of 2 attempts will be given.
- Only teams to complete the task with the best score will move to final round.
Final Round: (up to +200 Points)
- The final RUN:
- All the robots one by one have to complete the maze on the set in the minimum time possible.
- There are no number of attempts for this particular round.
- For every time the robot hits a hurdle, (D) scoring point will be multiplied by a factor *F (F=1.75). For e.g: If the team’s D scoring point is -200 already and the robot hits a hurdle in the final round again, D point now will be: -200 x 1.75 = -350.
- There are only 2 positions.
- The team to complete the task within the minimum time and best score will be the winner of the Air Rush Championship|Procom’18.
- For 1st position, the evaluation will be in between finalists only.
- For the runner’s position, there will be an evaluation between finalists first. After that, the total points of that team will be compared with semi-finalists. If the finalist runner-up score falls below any of the semi-finalists, the team will be replaced with that semifinalist.
- That replaced team will be given a chance to compete against the winning team if the winning team agrees to it.
- If the replaced team beats the best team, there will be 2 winners for the championship else the replaced team will still be a runner-up.