Code In The Dark
Members Allowed : 2-3
Keeping this motive in mind, code in the dark will give the participants the opportunity to judge their front-end skills when they would be designing the front-end without looking through what have they done. There won’t be any previewing of the output that they have coded and they would design the code with their minds completely dark. This competition will allow participants to use HTML and CSS to design the website that would be shown to them Just in screenshots. The peak point of this challenge is that no previews of the results are allowed during the implementation, and no measuring tools can be used. The participants who go through this at the best would be appreciated as the winner.
- A Basic Code in the Dark editor will be available to the participants for coding.
- Participant must submit all the HTML/CSS code files along with the image files (PNG, JPEG, BMP etc.).
- No iframes, frameworks, snippets or any other assets existing outside the premises of the ones listed in the instructions are allowed. The site should be developed from scratch during the competition.
- The contestant should have the editor in full-screen mode, and will not be allowed to exit out of it or use any measurement tools.
- Preview of the results are strictly forbidden until the time is over.
- Once the 45-minute timer rings, each contestant is required to submit their documents (HTML/CSS/other files).
- Screenshot will be given to give an idea to each participant that what needs to be constructed.
- Judges will judge the output.
- No preview available for participant before timeout.
- Website that will be closest to the preview will be considered as a winner. Aesthetics, design, and appearance of the website will be considered as the key factors for the evaluation.
- All the basic stationary (rough sheet, pencil, pen), one computer per team will be provided.
Rounds: [45 Minutes] (1-2)*
Participants will have to develop a front-end of a website using Html/CSS without previewing what they have coded during the competition. The screenshot for the website will be provided by the organizers.
* will be decided based on participation