Sponsored by Systems Limited
Members Allowed : 2-3
The Database design competition is the backbone of PROCOM. In this competition, you must prove your programming and management skills by making a design of database, solve SQL queries and answer some MCQs. But do not forget to keep an eye on the time because it stops for none.
- Each team consists of 2-3 members.
- Do not open question booklet until asked.
- You are not allowed to leave the room during the contest.
- Participants are not allowed to collaborate with anyone else other than his/her team members during the contest.
- Participant cannot bring any kind of notebook or writing pad to the contest room. Blank sheets of paper and pens will be provided to each team.
- The participants are not allowed to use mobile or any electronic items during competition.
- Failing to observe any of the above rules may lead to deduction in points or direct disqualification from the contest.
- Authority has the right to change any rule without prior notice.
- The top team after combining both round’s result will be declared as winner.
- The decision of judge will stand unchallenged.
- Your team can be disqualified if found using any unfair means during the contest.
- For first round question booklet, blank sheets of paper and pens will be provided to each team.
- For queries in final round, you will be a provided a system having Oracle database and SQL*plus installed with pre-loaded schema.
- The top team of each round based on distribution mention below will be declare as winner.
- Day 1: Paper, Pen will be provided to each team everything will be done on paper.
- Day 2: A PC will be provided to each team for round 2.
- It will be a two-day competition and teams will be judged based upon each round.
- First Round (qualification round) on 1st day: Room
- MCQs – 30%
- Design (ERD) – 40%
- Queries – 30%
- Second Round (Final round) on 2nd day: Lab
- Queries on given schema – 100%