Mobile App Development
Sponsored by Contour
Members Allowed : 2-3
Underground mobile developers! Now you have chance to prove yourself; because PROCOM provides you a speedy mobile application development competition. In this competition, participants will be given a task to develop any small mobile application for any development environment but in a tight time constraint. And the teams who will do a great job get a price for that.
- Each team consists of 2-3 members.
- Do not open question booklet until asked.
- If you leave the room, you cannot return.
- Participants are not allowed to collaborate with anyone else other than his/her team members during the contest.
- Single round competition, top team will be declared winner.
- Use of USB, calculators or any other electronic device is strictly prohibited. If anybody is found using one, their whole team will be disqualified.
- Each team must bring one personal laptop for (Android, iOS, Cross Platform) application development as everyone is comfortable in their own working environment.
- Android Studio or Eclipse, SDK, JDK, NodeJS and other pre-requisites should be preinstalled on the computers. No additional time will be granted for configurations.
- Each team should bring laptop charger, Android phone (Version 4.1 Jelly Bean to 8.0 Oreo) and USB cable for debugging.
- Internet will be provided to the participants during the competition only to download and use resources such as images, audio etc.
- No time or resources will be granted in case of hardware/software crashes. Participants should have a backup plan.
- Briefing on the task will be done 10 minutes before the competition starts.
- Participants are allowed to develop the application in Native Android (Java), Native iOS (Object C, Swift) and cross platform technologies like React-Native, Ionic etc.
- Teams cannot reuse code from the Internet or any other source.
- Participant must submit complete application code files along with images of UI and of required functionalities (PNG, JPEG, BMP etc.).
- Solutions of participants will be judged at the end of the round.
- The decision of judge will stand unchallenged.
- Your team can be disqualified if found using any unfair means during the contest.
- Mobile Development Competition team also reserves the right to disqualify any team and/or nullify his or her result for any violation.
Grading will depend on:
- Number of implemented features.
- Quality and design (including standards compliance).
- Papers and pens for rough use will be provided.
- Internet connection.
- Each team must bring one personal laptop for (Android, IOS, Cross Platform) application development as everyone is comfortable in their own working environment. No resources (machine, device, cable) will be provided to you by Procom team.
- It will be a single-day competition and teams will be judged based upon that single round.