Members Allowed : 1
Consider yourself a walking talking dictionary? Exhausted at people misspelling simple words? Now is the opportunity to showcase your English skills in this competitive Spelling Bee competition. A hit the last time it was organized, this is sure to attract the brightest and smartest talent from across the country to be ready.
On a single board, we will have four participants and the winner of that board will compete the other winners. The final will be held between the remaining 3 or 4 participants.
- The pronouncer announces the word to be spelled. He speaks slowly and clearly, without distorting the normal pronunciation of the word. He uses the word in a sentence and says the word again.
- The speller listens carefully to the pronouncer and asks for the word to be repeated if necessary.
- When the speller is sure he/she understands the word, she pronounces it, spells it and then says the word again. She must say it loudly enough for the judge to hear it.
- The judge(s) determines whether or not the word was spelled correctly.
- If the correct spelling was given, the speller remains in the game.
- If the spelling was incorrect, that speller is eliminated from the game. The judge gives the correct spelling of that word. Then the pronouncer reads a new word to the next student.
- When there are only two spellers left, if one player misspells a word, the other player must spell that word correctly, plus one more word to be declared the winner of the spelling bee.
The participant who wins the final round will be the winner.